A little about Marylebone
Okay, so we were in London a couple weeks ago and happened to get really lucky when booking our hotel! Its hard to know which hotels to stay in because sometimes places look different in person, and the vibe is always hard to tell until you're there. We loved staying in the calm but very hip Marylebone area (near Mayfair) where the restaurant and shopping scenes are very quaint and charming but still super cool with curated shops anyone would love. We felt tucked away, yet were still blocks from the craze of Oxford St. with mass market shops and tourists. It feels like what you would imagine a cozy London town to feel like with the Holiday decor up on every street post, twinkly bistro lights in every restaurant window, and EVERY SINGLE doorway and "apartment" (or townhouse mansion?) building bordered in ornate moldings and brick. It's GORGEOUS!
I rounded up hotels that I would want to stay at the next time I'm in town based on the most important criteria, at least to me...aesthetics. I am in love with interiors, as most of you know if you follow me on insta, so of course kept my eyes and ears peeled for some gorgeous and hip hotels you would definitly want to visit.
5 Gorgeous (and Hip Hotels) in london -
Here are 5 Hotels that are SO GORGEOUS with great vibes and an awesomely hip and beautiful interior (and of course great for the gram).
1. Chiltern Firehouse (Marylebone)- We will for sure stay here next time we come! This hotel is equal parts cool, vibey, aesthetically pleasing from floor to ceiling, and with a great bar and restaurant! We came for dinner one night and LOVED everything. The interiors are full of cool textiles, furniture, gorgeous marble and very hip people, just sayin'. This hotel is the first outpost for hip Hotelier Jose Balazs ( of Chateau Marmont among others). GO.
2. The Marylebone (Marylebone)- This hotel is great for a boutique hotel, tucked away down a quiet but quaint and beautiful side street. The interior from the bar area, lobby (with tons of seating to do work in a beautiful and chic setting), hotel restaurant (108 Brasserie), and Gym and Spa area are amazing. There is marble, crown molding, wood paneling, and gorgeous overstuffed velvet furniture throughout the hotel making it super aesthetically pleasing! One note to mention would be to request a new room as it is newly remodeled, but only half the rooms got the update. The location of this hotel is ideal, smack in the middle of high street, a great shopping area.
3. Ham Yard Hotel (Soho)- The location of this hip and gorgeously designed hotel is in the middle of Soho, putting you close to everything that you would want to see in London. Everything in central London is convenient to the rest of the city, but this puts you even closer to attractions. The hotels design by Kit Kemp is AHHHMAZING. Everything she touches turns to cool + this hotel has a bowling alley and gorgeous bar. Very fun.
4. Zetter Townhouse- The location of this gorgeous boutique hotel is in Marlyebone, the area we just stayed in and LOVED! The hotel is warm and charming with a fun eclectic feel and a really great interior. I love the bar area, called "Seymours Parlour" at the Marlyebone location (there are two!). So even if youre not staying here, have a drink with a friend to check it out for yourself!
5. London Edition- This hotel is just COOL. Super modern, chic, and polished, I loved how the hotel has such character but yet feels modernized. It feels different from just an old school London hotel. It is just beautiful and has a Michelin starred chef in their restaurant as well, so foodies would love this place! You can't go wrong here as its centrally located in Fitzrovia on the edge of Soho. Definiltely worth a visit regardless.
I'd love to know which hotels or attractions you love while in London for my next trip. If you have suggestions or questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below!