I wanted to do this post because I felt it was important to share more about my life than I am able to through pictures on Instagram or snippets of my day on insta story. I LOVE creativity through photos and fashion posts, but that's a very curated version of myself.
Soooo, I thought it would be great to dive a little deeper so you can get a better idea of what makes me me, and how I got here...
18 Things You Should Know About Me:
1. I am a twin and my twin sister Karen is my best friend and a HUGE part of my life. She lives in Silver Lake, so we get to see each other often...but not as often as I'd like:)
2. I am one of 5 children and grew up in a small but beautiful coastal town, Palos Verdes, in Los Angeles. I'm super close with all my siblings...some might think its weird...it probably is.
3. I am married to the BEST man everrrrrr, Chay. I met him at UCLA where we went to school and both played water polo. He is super duper hot and I don't know how I got so lucky to have him pick me...No really he is super hot. Look him up: Chay Lapin...see what I mean? mmmm
4. My hubby asked me to marry him on WWHL. That's short for Watch What Happens Live on Bravo and it was the best moment of my life! It's a loooong story but basically, Chay knew Andy Cohen, the host, and he convinced Chay to pop the question on Live Tv. IT WAS INSANE!
5. I watch ONLY Bravo shows and am OBSESSED with the Real Housewives franchise.
6. I have been modeling for 8 years now. I started at Wilhelmina where I was signed for 6.5 years and have recently transitioned on to a smaller boutique agency. I model and do commercials, but am focusing most of my energy these days on the blog and building a platform I love that others can relate to.
7. I get super insecure at my job A LOT of the time and have to constantly put on a brave face to get through the pressures I feel day to day. I enjoy the fashion aspect but struggle at times with the unrealistic body image pressures put on me. I try to be as vocal and open as I can be on this subject matter.
8. I struggled with mild but mentally draining eating issues in high school and am passionate about helping young girls avoid the pitfalls and hardships that mentally and physically plague those struggling with eating disorders.
9. I was a youth group leader for 3 years out of college, and felt passionate about mentoring young girls in junior high and high school. I feel its so important to be an encouraging and strong moral presence for youth to lean on because we all remember how difficult childhood could be. I had people come alongside me and I want to do that for young people looking for guidance and acceptance.
10. In my last commercial for Humira, I have plaque psoriasis. Super sexy.
11. One time at an audition (when I was first starting out and didn't have a backbone) I was asked to remove my pants because they wanted to see my legs while dancing... (bc that totally makes sense...like what?) and I didn't have shorts. So I had to dance on camera to some cheesy club song in my holy, old beige thong underwear (it was laundry day and yes I know how disgusting this is) and "woop" it up like I was having a blast. I did not get the job. That tape is floating around the internet somewhere.
12. I won a talent show in college for NCAA athletes called the BIG DANCE. My partner and I did a ribbon dance and duet to the song "Total Eclipse of the Heart". Here it is below for your viewing pleasure. Its embarrasing but whatever.
13. I live in Redondo Beach, but my Husband and I have recently had the opportunity to invest in properties. We are in DTLA a lot because we own a loft there as well as a home in Palm Desert that we rent out. It's confusing since we are all around LA so much so I have to clear this up because I post a lot from all three places and many of you have messaged me via Instagram asking where I actually live. So there you have it!
14. This isn't a secret, but I'm in love with decorating interiors and spaces. I have had a blast redoing all of our past homes and would definitely be an interior designer full time if I didn't do what I do. I LOVE an eclectic and unique but clean space so much! I do contract jobs here and there for friends which is fun to break things up.
15. My faith is super important to me and always has been. I feel so grateful for Gods provision in my life and truly feel God has placed me in the entertainment industry despite the odds to bring a hope and love to what can be a sad place at times.
16. I am the mama of two vizsla puppies and am now "that" dog person. I am obsessed with them and don't care how weird it is that they sleep in bed and go everywhere with us. They are soooo cute!!!
17. I am a certified Pilates instructor and am super into health and wellness, but it's not my overall passion in life. I need balance. I like to try new things and learn new skills, so got certified 3 years ago and love teaching for fun.
18. I LOVE PEOPLE and connecting with new people. Seriously I'm known for talking to strangers for hours so please say hi and let me know who you are too!
I hope this gives you guys better insight into who I am and what I am all about. Thank you for reading and following along! I appreciate all the support!